I am participating in NaNoWriMo 2017, my third year, and working on another World of Orelium book this time around. The last two years prior, I kept a diary for myself as I participated, but this year I decided I should share. I hope you enjoy reading my NaNoWriMo Diary as much as I am enjoying working on my rough draft this year.
Want to follow along my NaNoWriMo 2017 Journey?
NaNoWriMo Diary: Week One
Nov 1 – 6,132 total document words
– Note: Got up at 430 am, had plenty of time to write before I had to “start” my typical life. I went to breakfast with my son, daughter in law and my birthday peanut for her 3rd birthday. Wrote during my lunch hour, and wrote while cooking supper.
– Mood: Feeling energetic and accomplished
– Inspiration Music today: Kelly Clarkson’s new album Meaning of Life
Nov 2 – 10,036 total document words; Today’s I wrote: 3,904 words
– Note: Busy day with my “normal” life. Didn’t get as much time to write, but managed to hit 10K words.
– Mood: Feeling epic.
– Inspiration Music for today: My writing playlist on YouTube
– Reward for hitting 10K: Tomorrow I am buying myself something cute for my desk to keep me motivated, $10 limit. Next personal reward will be at 25K words, the midway point. Planned Reward: Thor Ragnarok!!
Nov 3 – 11,222 total document words; Today I wrote: 1,186 words
– Notes: Friday was a super busy day for me as per usual. Work meetings, and grocery shopping, and a personal side trip to a place I hate going to hear news that I may or may not be feeling happy about…
Due to short writing time today, I concentrated on some of the dialogs in later chapters that I know will be taking place thanks to the outline I made in October that I am completely in love with. (Talk about run on blathering :D)
I will have to drop into third person limited for Qhol’xaan’s visit with the Lady of the North in Chapter Three. Too important to the novel to leave out. Raumi was not present, so can not do it through her eyes unless I include it as a recounted tale of second-hand knowledge. (May rewrite scene during my second draft after NaNoWriMo to see if that works.)
– Mood: Annoyed with my “normal” life, but still feeling pretty good about my story.
– Inspiration Music for today – My writing playlist on YouTube
Nov 4 – 12,008, Today’s total words: 576
– Notes: Was a bad concentration day due to the news I got Friday. I am still ahead of my word count goals and plan to be at 25K by the 8th. In my area, the movie isn’t playing after the 9th… Marvel movies make me feel happy, and reminding myself that there is a new movie at the theater waiting for me to see is what I need to pull me out of my blues. My goal reward for 40K is to see the Justice League. (DC but gotta love Wonder Woman!)
– Mood: Feeling blue… annoyed that Thor isn’t playing the weekend of the 10th… that would have been a more realistic goal.
– Inspiration music for today: None, I ended up listening to “Roseanne” reruns from the tv in the living room… could explain part of my meh mood.
Nov 5 – 12,569, Today’s total words: 561
– Notes: Was my peanuts third birthday party!!! I spent the morning preparing food for her birthday party, was surprised I managed to get writing time in.
-Mood: Feeling good and a little emo that my baby girl is three already. They grow up too fast.
-Inspiration Music for today: None
Nov 6 – 15,097, Today’s total words: 2,528
– Notes: And I am back on the writing track today. I had planned on 3,000, but I am happy with 2,500.
– Mood: Feeling refreshed
– Inspiration Music for today: 2 Cellos and my Combat Music playlist
Nov 7 -18,262, Today’s total words: 3,165
– Notes: I made my word count goal for today. Today’s writing day felt as easy as it did on day one.
– Mood: Pretty happy, enjoying the snow falling outside my window.
– Inspiration Music for today: Was a modge podge today, Stone Sour, Brett Eldredge, Blake Shelton, Foo Fighters and Leona Lewis
Want to check out my NaNoWriMo “Music to Write To” or my “Combat Music ” play lists? Join me on Youtube!
Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year? What are your thoughts on the whole Novel in a month concept? Let me know in the comments below!