This face study exercise stems back from my advanced creative writing class, a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…. Using a portrait of a single person, do the following:
1. Describe the face in more detail than you normally would. (Yes, creative license to write a lot of fluff descriptors!)
2. Write a back story for the person in the portrait.
3. Who do you think would be the most important 2 or 3 people in their life? Write out a minimum of two sentences about the relationship the person in the portrait has with each.
4. Is there a conflict between the person in the portrait and each of them? Is there a romance, a triangle, or something else? Write about it.
5. Write out a synopsis of where this story could lead you.
You can write it in the period the piece exhibits, or you can write it in any era you want to, genre you enjoy writing, etc.
Today’s inspiration piece is Emma Sandy’s beautiful painting entitled Fiammetta.
Please do not steal my writing, but feel free to do this writer exercise yourself, leave it in the comment section blow, or if you post it on your own website, goodreads or wattpad, leave a link in the comment section so I can read it! Let’s get creative together!
Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2016 Inara Reynolds