Inara Reynolds is a retired Medic who writes in the genres of Fantasy, Science Fiction, and History with alternate endings.
Inara Reynolds spent her childhood traveling the globe with her military family, experiencing history and developing a passion for books.
Today, Inara lives in beautiful Colorado and is a freelance writer, poet, author of short stories, ghost writer, and creator of a few fantasy worlds. Inara also has journalism and copy editing experience.
Inara has written character classes for various role-playing games, as well as modules, and has published short stories that cater to the taste of the fantasy-loving and Role-play crowd. She has had a couple of poems published back in the mid-’90s.
When Inara is not writing, she is usually out supporting her oldest son in his musical endeavors, playing with her passel of German Shepherds and grandkids, or crafting the odd thing or two.
And now for some fun stuff!
I fell in love with the fantasy genre when I was five, and my babysitter read me poems by Tolkien. "Goblin Feet" was my favorite.
I used to sneak a flashlight into bed with me every night as a child. I didn’t need it to see the monsters under my bed, or chase away the darkness; I did it to read; hoping my parents wouldn’t catch me. My eyes still don’t thank me for that!
I am a total gamer geek. From tabletop to computer first shooter and MMORPGs, you name it, I have probably played it. I am not ashamed of my two tackle boxes full of dice that I keep lovingly organized. People tell me I get OCD if my dice are out of place… ever…
My passion for writing began in 1977 when that amazing red box came out, containing Dungeons and Dragons. Come to think of it; my inner geek jumped out around then also.
I have children and grandchildren; the true loves of my life.
I never miss a Marvel movie when they debut in the theaters.
I may not be Oprah, but I have a plethora of favorite things!
- Music, especially Blues, all sorts of Rock, Indy, Country, R&B
- Music on vinyl, because a cd doesn't have that "soul"
- Dogs, particularly German Shepherds and Basset Hounds
- Anything Corey Taylor
- Anything Dave Grohl
- Anything Blake Shelton
- Anything Tim Armstrong. I named a kid after him.
- Anything Mike Ness... I have a nephew named after him...
- MMORPGS, LOTRO anyone?
- Super Heros, mainly Marvel. Hawkeye needs his own movie!
- Table Top RPGS, Rolemaster, TriTac systems, VTM
- Movies, too many favorites to name.
- Hobbies. I have a few. Photography, Painting, Drawing, 3D Art, Gardening, and making the odd craft.
- Purple, the color purple makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
- People who serve, be it in the Military, Law enforcement, firefighters, paramedics; my heroes, and I am grateful for them.
- Coffee and chocolate... coffee with chocolate... coffee by itself... chocolate by itself. I think you get the picture.
- My old Canon Rebel that uses film, because film still rocks!
- Lilac bushes
- Maple trees
- BOOKS! I am an avid reader and book lover of multi genres. I have an expansive library of books to the point I am dedicating a room in my house to them. I love and advocate for local libraries.
And if this isn't enough for you, feel free to read my "A Self-Interview Guide For The Writer Exercise" post and my answers to the questions.
- My Website is built with a stand-alone version of WordPress, using a modified version of the Flash Theme theme by ThemeGrill.
- Fonts used are a web-friendly google font and web fonts, Open Sans, Cinzel, and Cinzel Decorative.
- I use Siteground for my web host and have been since 2004. They are reliable, cost-effective with many features, and their 24/7 support is quick, accurate and friendly.
I am referring you to Siteground with confidence in their services. If you click the link and sign up, I will get a free month, and you will get a discount.